The Division of Early Care and Learning (DECL) approves vendors who help licensed child care programs and early childhood professionals meet training requirements.
View the current list of DECL-approved training vendors.
Training Vendor Guidelines
To become a DECL-approved training vendor, you must follow the guidelines specific for each type of training. Click the name of the training for instructions on how to become a DECL-approved training vendor:
All training applications and materials can be mailed, faxed or emailed to the DECL:
Attn: Training Vendor Approval
Division of Early Care and Learning, CDHS
1575 Sherman Street, 1st Floor
Denver, CO 80203
All training material submitted for approval must include all required documentation at the time the application is submitted. Submissions will first be evaluated for completeness before being reviewed for content. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
All vendors must submit required forms annually to renew their DECL approval.
The Division of Early Care and Learning reserves the right to periodically audit all approved trainers and training. Approval of your training may be rescinded by the DECL if, after an audit, it is determined that trainer credentials or training content is fraudulent, and/or the training content or evaluation plan were not implemented as approved by the DECL.
First Aid and CPR Training
Complete the First Aid/CPR Training Attestation and mail, fax or email it to the Division of Early Care and Learning.
Medication Administration Training
Visit the Healthy Child Care Colorado Health Hub to learn about Health Hub, join, and become a trainer for Medication Administration.
Contact Healthy Child Care Colorado at 303.339.6800.
Pre-Licensing Training for Family Child Care Home Providers
The Office of Early Childhood is creating a state-approved pre-licensing training curriculum to support Family Child Care Home providers as they prepare to provide safe and responsive care for Colorado’s children. If you, or your organization are interested in collaborating or piloting the new training, please contact us at email@example.com.
Original Application: Complete the required forms and mail, fax or email them to the Division of Early Care and Learning:
- Application for Approval of Pre-Licensing Training and Early Childhood Trainer of Record.
- Trainer of Record Background Information form for each Trainer of Record (included in the Application for Approval).
- Resume for each Trainer of Record.
- Class outline specifying trainer, content area and time allotted for each subject.
- Copy of final test.
- Copy of the certificate each participant will receive upon completion of training.
- Official transcript(s) in an unopened envelope sealed by your college. All college credits must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Written documentation of experience in training adults in the last 5 years.
If you are interested in also providing Standard Precautions training, complete the Standard Precautions Training Attestation
on the Colorado Shines Professional Development Information System (PDIS).
Annual Renewal: Complete the Pre-Licensing Training Renewal Application and mail, fax or email it to the Division of Early Care and Learning.
Standard Precautions Training (previously Universal Precautions)
The Standard Precautions trainer attestation is now live in the Colorado Shines PDIS!
About the Standard Precautions Trainer Process
- Login to the Colorado Shines PDIS
- Select Learning
- Search for "Become an Approved Trainer for Standard Precautions: Attestation and Training Materials"
- Register for this curriculum
- Complete the training request form by describing how you are qualified to teach Standard Precautions and where you will teach. After completing the request form, your application will be reviewed.
- Once approved, you will be granted access to this curriculum, where you can sign the Standard Precautions Attestation and access the Department-approved training materials.
- Signing the Standard Precautions Attestation will also award you the Standard Precautions Attestation Trainer badge.
You must reattest to be a Standard Precautions trainer every 12 months. Read more here.
As of January 1, 2018, all Standard Precautions trainers must use the new Department-approved Standard Precautions face-to-face training materials.
Questions? Contact the Division of Early Care and Learning:
Phone: 1.800.799.5876 or 303.866.5948